Biomechanics involve the detailed analysis of the body’s structure, its alignment and its function in terms of movement.
A biomechanical assessment is very beneficial if you are experiencing pain in your feet, lower limbs or back but no cause has been established.
A biomechanical assessment is the starting point for understanding the cause of your problem, what treatment is needed or whether further investigations are necessary
Why is biomechanical assessment important?
• Finds the root cause of muscle and joint pain.
• Eliminates pain and discomfort.
• Improves functional fitness & athletic performance.
• Identify dangerous weaknesses BEFORE injury occurs.
• Identify muscle imbalances and resolve movement problems.
• Builds lasting fitness instead of temporary ability.
Foot Orthotics Prescription
After a biomechanical assessment, it is very likely that you may be prescribed a foot orthotic such as an insole to help restore better alignment of your body. Insoles are useful in correcting foot alignment problems which simultaneously improves alignment of other joints further up to body such as the knees, the hips and even the back. Our physiotherapists are trained to assess your foot and prescribe the appropriate insoles for an array of common conditions including plantar fasciitis or heel pain, Achilles tendonitis, flat feet or high arch.